Teaching 6th formers about the wonders of the workplace!
Updated: Mar 16, 2020
In today’s competitive job market it is vital that students coming to the end of their school education consider the best ways to make themselves employable, whether it be for holiday jobs, internships or post-school or graduate employment. Resource and Streetwise provide a series of free workshops to support students in their preparation for employment.
To gain a better understanding of how to prepare to enter the job market, and what to consider when applying for jobs
To provide the essential knowledge to further student’s chances in the job market
To increase student’s confidence in dealing with prospective employers
Relevant PSHE Education Programme of Study objectives:
To evaluate their own personal strengths and areas for development and to use this to inform goal setting
How their strengths, interests, skills and qualities are changing and how these relate to future employability
About the information, advice and guidance available to them and how to access it
To further develop study and employability skills (including time management, self-organisation and presentation, project planning, team-working, networking and managing online presence)
About the range of opportunities available to them for career progression, including in education, training and employment
About changing patterns of employment (local, national, European and global)
To take full advantage of any opportunities for work experience that are available
To develop their career identity, including how to maximise their chances when applying for education or employment opportunities
· One 1-hour workshop with form-groups of 20-30 Year 12 students
· The workshop is fully interactive, it uses Power Point presentation and prompts an open dialogue between young people, supported by trained facilitators from Resource and Streetwise
· Methods such as role plays and filling out blank CVs keep the students fully engaged and participated throughout.
· Feedback and evaluation forms will be filled in by students and teachers following the session
· The session is free of charge. It will be delivered by facilitators who hold valid, enhanced DBS checks, and have completed Child Protection training
if you wish to book an Employability Workshop for your school, please email firstname.lastname@example.org